Sunday, December 27, 2009

Toronto


I went home for the summer (May through September) and spent virtually every other weekend in Toronto. If you are into music or television and you're in Canada, this is where you will end up. I heard somewhere that Toronto is the most multicultural city per capita in the world. That might be total crap but it sounds right. When I go back to Canada next year I imagine there's a good chance I'll be living there.

This list thing seems to be working. Here we go. Let's talk about:

The Annex, Kensington Market and other favourite neighbourhoods
Sneaky Dees,  The Horseshoe, Rancho Relaxo, Lee's Palace and other favourite rock bars
Canadian Music Week & NXNE
Red Room, All you can eat sushi,  & other favourite food places.
Pages & other book stores
Rotate This & other record shops
The Edge radio station
Public Transit
Photo: Kara Watts
Rancho Relaxo upstairs, Toronto, March 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment