Sunday, December 27, 2009

Brisbane

After about 8 months in Australia, I decided to leave Melbourne to work on some farms. Ok it wasn't quite that simple. Australia offers working holiday markers an extra year if you spend three months in your first year working in regional Australia working in a primary industry like farming or construction.

I decided to take it as an opportunity to see a few places. I finished things off in Sunshine Coast, Queensland and made my way down to Brisbane, which I promptly fell in love with. Instead of heading straight back to Melbourne I ended up hanging around for a few months. Brisbane is nice and laid back. Queensland is known for being a bit slow in pace. The only work I managed to get was a couple of weeks promoting a Julian Lennon environmental film called Whaledreamers. 

Some valuable points:
Westend - especially Forest Cafe and Three Monkeys
Brunswick Street & China town
The weekend markets, there are several
Sushi Train
Southbank
New Farm park
The Riverwalk 
Mount Cootha
Four Thousand - Brisbane's version of the website Three Thousand.

No comments:

Post a Comment